After dental implantation
After implantation, an orthopedic stage of the treatment follows. The purpose of the orthopedic treatment is the manufacturing of a dental prosthesis that ensures the restoration of the anatomical integrity of the dentition, an adequate distribution of the load on the surrounding bone tissue, and the cosmetic effect of the treatment. In relation to the restored anatomical part of the tissues of the oral cavity, it is possible to select just dentures or dentures with gingival mask, i.e. prostheses containing not only the teeth, but also an additional part imitating the mucous membrane of the alveolar process.
Based on the principle of fixation, prosthetics can be classified as fixed, conditionally removable, combined and removable. A prerequisite for an adequate distribution of mechanical stress on the surrounding bone tissue implants is a high-quality, rationally planned orthopedic treatment.
The design and manufacture of any prosthesis on implants involves the following steps:
– taking dental impressions (dental casting);
– determining the position of the central occlusion;
– fabrication of an working model;
– wax modeling of the metal base of the prosthesis;
– metallic base casting;
– testing the metal base on the model and in the oral cavity;
– re-determination of the position of the central occlusion along with a metal base;
– determining the color of the prosthesis lining;
– fabrication of the prosthesis lining;
– fixation of the prosthesis;
– control and correction of the position of the central occlusion and articulation movements of the mandible
The implantation procedure requires careful attention of the patient, as well as proper care of the oral cavity. To avoid possible complications during the first 2-3 months after the procedure, it is recommended to adhere to some restrictions:
- Avoid too intense physical activity.
- Avoid sudden changes in body temperature – do not visit the baths, saunas, do not pour over cold water.
- If possible, give up smoking, do not abuse alcohol.
- Try not to chew solid food on the implant area.
- Avoid stress..
- Prevent colds.